We use a technology known as html5 with local storage to store data locally within your browser (“local storage”).
Local storage is used to store a small amount of data to help improve your Plotto experience. Specifically, we store data locally for error-logging purposes to help us catch errors quickly and fix them early, for authentication purposes (we only store a token to help authenticate your access to Plotto – we never store your password by this method), and for analytics which help us improve Plotto and also help our users make the best of their Plotto experience.
To make full use of Plotto and to benefit from certain personalised features, your computer, tablet, mobile phone or other device will need to be set to accept cookies. Plotto will not work properly when cookies are blocked.
The list below details the cookies used on the Plotto site. We have outlined who sets these cookies and their purpose.
- Category: Strictly necessary
- Purpose: Used by Amazon Web Service for Load balancing the upload of files.
- YOUTUBE cookies
- Category: Functionality
- Purpose: Used indirectly by YouTube for storing the YouTube session if user selects to host videos on YouTube.
- Category: Analytical/Performance
- Purpose: Used by Google Analytics for usage analysis. Used by Loggly for performance and error tracking.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Here’s how to do it:
● Google Chrome
- In the settings menu, select 'show advanced settings' at the bottom of the page.
- Select the 'content settings' button in the privacy section.
- The top section of the page that then appears tells you about cookies and allows you to set the cookies you want. It also allows you to clear any cookies currently stored.
● Mozilla Firefox
- n the tools menu, select 'options' (MAC Plotto Customers, go to the Firefox menu & select ‘preferences’)
- Select the privacy tab in the options box.
- From the dropdown choose, 'use custom settings for history'. This will bring up the options for cookies and you can choose to enable or disable them by clicking the tickbox.
● Internet Explorer 6+
- In the tools menu, select 'Internet options'.
- Click the privacy tab.
- You will see a privacy settings slider which has six settings that allow you to control the number of cookies that will be placed: Block All Cookies, High, Medium High, Medium (default level), Low, and Accept All Cookies.
● Safari browser
- In the settings menu / Safari menu, select the 'preferences' option.
- Open the privacy tab.
- Select the option you want from the 'block cookies' section.
● All other browsers
- For information on how to manage cookies via other browsers, please consult your documentation or online help files.
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the Plotto site will not operate properly if cookies are off.