Plotto is a trading name of Plotto Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under registration number 09430557; the address of our registered office is 8 Lincoln’s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3BP. We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office (registration number ZA138193).
Please note that the Plotto Customer, and not Plotto, is the data controller in respect of personal data comprised or related to Requests and Contributions. Issues relating to that personal data must be addressed directly to the relevant Plotto Customer.
What personal information do we collect
When you access and move around Plotto, register an Account with Plotto or otherwise use Plotto, we may collect some or all of the following personal data about you:
- a username and password;
- your name;
- billing address, email address and phone number(s);
- a payment method;
- content associated with you;
- correspondence with and from Plotto;
- your preferences about receiving communications from Plotto and/or others;
- information about your use of Plotto; and
- details we may ask you to submit to verify your identity
How do we use your personal information
Your personal data will be collected, processed, stored and used by us, and passed to and processed by our subsidiary and/or affiliated companies and other data processors acting under contract with us:
- to provide Plotto to you;
- to tailor aspects of your experience of Plotto;
- to associate your Account and your content with you, and to verify your identity;
- to process payments by you to us, and by us to you;
- to provide customer support;
- to contact you by email and mobile communication (such as text (SMS) and “push” notification);
- for customer satisfaction and customer experience improvement purposes; and
- in connection with the prevention and detection of fraud and other crime.
We may use automatically collect anonymous information about your use of Plotto. For example, we may automatically log which parts of Plotto you access, which web browser you deploy and the website from which you linked to Plotto. You cannot be identified from any of this information. It enables us to compile statistics about the use of Plotto, and to help target aspects of Plotto to you more accurately.
Disclosing your personal data
We will not disclose any of your personal data without your permission unless:
- we are legally entitled to do so (for example, pursuant to a court order or for the purposes of prevention or detection of crime or fraud);
- we are in negotiations with a third party for the sale or purchase of any of Plotto’s business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- Plotto, or substantially all of its assets, is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Plotto about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- to enforce or apply the Plotto Agreement and other agreements to which you are party, or to protect our rights, property, safety, customers, or others.
Emails we may send to you fall into two categori
- Emails (we call them newsletters) which provide you with information about things that we think may interest you or Plotto customers generally. You can notify us of your preferences concerning our newsletters using the link at the bottom of the newsletter emails or if you are a Plotto customer you can notify us of your preferences at anytime in your User Profile at https://web.plotto.com
- The emails that we send concerning activity on your Plotto Account (“Service Messages”), specifically:
- To notify of important information concerning the Plotto service (such as to notify you of maintenance which is to take place)
- Surveys to capture feedback on your use of Plotto
- Surveys to capture feedback on contact with our customer service team
- To remind you that you have an Account
Please note that you cannot opt-out of receiving Service Messages. Similarly, you cannot opt-out of receiving emails which (a) we need to send you in accordance with the Plotto Agreement, (b) notify you of changes to the Plotto Agreement, or to policies we apply under the Plotto Agreement, or (c) we consider necessary for your or our security.
Emails and other communications which are sent to you by youtube or other third parties are unaffected by the options you notify to us.
Cookies and related technologies
We use a technology known as html5 with local storage to store data locally within your browser (“local storage”).
Local storage is used to store a small amount of data to help improve your Plotto experience. Specifically, we store data locally for error-logging purposes to help us catch errors quickly and fix them early, for authentication purposes (we only store a token to help authenticate your access to Plotto – we never store your password by this method), and for analytics which help us improve Plotto and also help our users make the best of their Plotto experience.
To make full use of Plotto and to benefit from certain personalised features, your computer, tablet, mobile phone or other device will need to be set to accept cookies. Plotto will not work properly when cookies are blocked.
The list below details the cookies used on the Plotto site. We have outlined who sets these cookies and their purpose.
- Strictly Necessary — AWSELB: Used by Amazon Web Service for Load balancing the upload of files
- Functionality —YOUTUBE Cookies: If YouTube hosting option selected, used indirectly by YouTube for storing the YouTube session
- Analytical / Performance —
- _ga: Used by Google Analytics for usage analysis
- ogglytrackingsession: Used by Loggly for performance and error tracking
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Here’s how to do it:
- In the settings menu, select 'show advanced settings' at the bottom of the page.
- Select the 'content settings' button in the privacy section.
- The top section of the page that then appears tells you about cookies and allows you to set the cookies you want. It also allows you to clear any cookies currently stored.
- In the tools menu, select 'options' (MAC Plotto Customers, go to the Firefox menu & select ‘preferences’)
- Select the privacy tab in the options box.
- From the dropdown choose, 'use custom settings for history'. This will bring up the options for cookies and you can choose to enable or disable them by clicking the tickbox.
Internet Explorer 6+
- In the tools menu, select 'Internet options'.
- Click the privacy tab.
- You will see a privacy settings slider which has six settings that allow you to control the number of cookies that will be placed: Block All Cookies, High, Medium High, Medium (default level), Low, and Accept All Cookies.
- In the settings menu / Safari menu, select the 'preferences' option.
- Open the privacy tab.
- Select the option you want from the 'block cookies' section.
All other browsers
For information on how to manage cookies via other browsers, please consult your documentation or online help files.
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the Plotto site will not operate properly if cookies are off.
Access to Information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access personal data held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the personal information we hold about you.
Links to third party sites
The Plotto site may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those websites or their policies.
We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to guard against unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data. While no computer system is completely secure, we believe the measures we implement reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
We have security measures in place to protect our database of Plotto Customers and access to this database is restricted internally. However, note that it remains each Plotto Customer's responsibility:
- to ensure no-one else uses Plotto through his/her Account;
- to log off or exit from your Plotto Account when not using it; and
- to keep his/her password or other access information secret.
We will never ask you to confirm the details of your Account or payment method by email or mobile communication. If you receive such contact, please do not respond to it.
Updates to this policy